MILA Towns1555 Midland Avenue, Scarborough, ON, Canada
Introducing MILA where Midland meets Lawrence. Named for the neighbourhood it’s built within, MILA is a master planned community coming to Scarborough in 2021. A place to tell your own story. An opportunity to build your future, your way. It consists a total of 211 Towns, Semis & Singles.
- Short walk distance from Lawrence East Subway Station
- Easy access to DVP/HWY404&401
- Many public, secondary schools nearby
- Short drive distance from Centennial College and UofT Scarborough campus
A clean slate. A fresh start. A chance to create something beautiful. Mila by Madison is the place where inspiration begins. These homes, and the new school they surround, are the start of the rebirth of Midland & Lawrence. For the families who live here, Mila is their chance to be inspired – to start a new and better stage in their lives. For the surrounding area, Mila is a sign of progress, growth, and life.
In a charming residential neighbourhood in Scarborough, and exciting new townhome development is getting ready to break ground and turn heads! Introducing MILA Townhomes – a new development by Madison Group. A series of low-rise homes will fill in land previously occupied by a local school, and is looking to make better use of land, while also uplifting the surrounding neighbourhood. This new development will consist of 9 blocks of townhomes featuring open concepts, and bright, modern design. A new public park, and a brand new school will follow, making MILA a little community within the larger Midland Park area. With a beautiful park just down the street and many other amenities just a short drive away, we’re expecting this new master-planned community to be in hot demand! For more information about this exciting project, keep reading below! And don’t forget to register with MyCondoPro to receive up-to-date information as soon as it becomes available.
Top 5 Reasons to invest in MILA Townhomes
- Location – MILA will be situated in a family-friendly suburban neighbourhood. Taking up space that had once been a school ground, MILA will be surrounded by other homes and amenities. Madina Academy, Donwood Park Public School, are nearby, and soon, two other schools, Bendale Technical Institute on Midland, and David and Mary Thomson Collegiate Institute will both be folded into a new school, Lawrence Midland Secondary. This brand new school will be right next to the development, and will be a bright, modern new place for students to learn and grow very close to home! Just minutes down Lawrence Avenue is the beautiful Thomson Memorial Park. This midsize park is on the site of the Scarborough Historical Museum, which features historical houses of the founding family of Scarborough. This park has an outdoor baseball diamond and soccer field, plus tennis courts, picnic areas, playgrounds, wading pools, and dog parks. A gorgeous place to spend a sunny afternoon, Thomson Memorial Park will make for the perfect escape from the hustle and bustle. There are plenty of local amenities and entertainment. Charming cafes, restaurants, and pubs are all within walking distance, and within just a short drive, residents will have access to the Toronto Climbing Academy, Cineplex Cinemas, and the Ontario Science Centre. Plenty of family-friendly activities are just a short drive away, making this area perfect for raising a family. Across the street, residents will have quick access to a Top Food Supermarket, and the Midland Lawrence Plaza, which features many takeout options, and a FreshCo, are just a few minutes away, making for easy errands just steps from your home.
- Amenities – This exciting development will consist of 211 homes, most of which will be detached homes and some will be townhouses. These low-rise homes will run along 9 blocks of land and will one day be next to a new school in the area. Each home will feature 2 stories with a range of between 2,036 to 2,413 square feet of living space that will feel even larger, thanks to their open-concept layouts, and bright, expansive floor-to-ceiling windows. In addition, every home will have a one-car garage and will feature a stylish brick and stone exterior that blends modern and traditional aesthetics. Currently, floor plans and amenity lists have not yet been made available. To receive more information about features and finishings as soon as they become available, make sure to register now with MyCondoPro.
- Transit Options – Scarborough is directly connected to the rest of Toronto by the world-class TTC transit system. Along with extensive bus line grids, Scarborough is at the eastern terminus of Line 2 Bloor-Danforth, with stations Victoria Park, Warden, and Kennedy. Further, Line 3 Scarborough continues on throughout the borough, running north and east towards Scarborough City Centre. Metrolinx, the Ontario-owned parent company of the TTC, plans to extend this line within the next decade, and a new Light Rail Transit line is currently in construction, with plans for connections to Kennedy Station. With many bus lines and stops nearby along Lawrence avenue, transit in the area will be easy, since connections to TTC stops will be relatively simple. Commuters looking for other options will be pleased to know that like most other communities within the GTA, Scarborough is well-connected by the GO Transit lines as well as York Region Transit. Buyers will be pleased to know that both Kennedy GO station and Eglinton GO Station are both within ten minutes’ drive from MILA. This means that commutes into the city will be simple.
- The Developer – Madison Group is a multi-faceted company dedicated to building vibrant, modern communities. They specialize in both low-rise master-planned communities, as well as high-rise projects. Based in Toronto and New York, this group develops homes with a unique aesthetic. Blending modern and traditional exteriors, Madison creates homes that feel timeless. Whatever your style, this developer will have something that suits your tastes. Everything with Madison Group is about elevation – they acquire ideal locations, design striking, beautiful homes, and bring finishing touches and amenities that uplift the home experience, making every aspect of the home livable, comfortable, and stylish. Recent projects have included Jefferson Forest in Richmond Hill, Unionville Estates in Markham, and now MILA Townhomes in Scarborough.
- Investment Opportunities – Scarborough is a dynamic area, with a wide array of communities and investment opportunities. Most of the recent development has occurred near the Scarborough Town Centre, as this area becomes more and more connected with the rest of the GTA through it’s dedicated TTC line and other infrastructure projects. As a result, the entire area has sprung up with new developments, condominiums and master-planned communities. When you combine that with the area’s natural greenspaces, it’s parks, beaches, and ravines, and Scarborough becomes an increasingly attractive area for investors. The location of this development really adds to its investment allure. Scarborough Town Centre is only 6 minutes away. Scarborough Health Network Hospital, meanwhile, is just 2 minutes away, and the UofT Scarborough Campus is just down the road. These institutions are all so close by, coupled with a brand new school, and future expansions to the TTC in the area makes this area a singularly convenient place to own a home.
MILA Towns Property Details
Architect(s): Flanagan Beresford Patteson Architects
Building Type: Townhouse
Building Status: Under Construction
Selling Status: Coming Soon
Suite Size: Starting from 1787 Sq Ft