Station No 3105 Colborne Street East, Whitby, ON, Canada
Station No 3 is a new condo development currently in pre-construction by Brookfield Residential, with a total of 160 units across 6 storeys. Coming soon to 105 Colborne St E in Whitby.
Station No 3 – A long-awaited revitalization of a downtown Whitby
Station No 3 gets its name from a now closed fire station in the downtown area of Whitby. The building will rise six storeys, ensuring that it does not impose on a neighbourhood who’s buildings were built during the 19th and 20th centuries. This ensures that Station No 3 respects the small town feel of the area, while still increasing deification and vibrancy.
Station No 3 Highlights
Brookfield Residential is known for bringing urban condo lifestyle to smaller towns. With Modern design, comfort and convenience meet small town charm in this brand new mixed-used condominium project. This gorgeous mid-rise development is set to include 10,000 square feet of ground floor retail space.
- Located at downtown Whitby
- Easy access to the 401, 412
- Close to Whitby GO Station
- Local shops, cafes and restaurants just steps away
Top Reasons to Invest in Station No. 3
Location and Local Amenities
Station No 3 is located in Durham Region east of Toronto, while being the central hub for residents and visitors all around Whitby. Just about everything you’ll need day-to-day will be within a short walk. Other fantastic local amenities and attractions just a short drive away. A number of local schools mean that downtown Whitby is perfect for families as well.
- Restaurants, bars, a brewery, grocery stores, as well as post office
- Sky Zone Trampoline Park, Iroquois Sports Centre, Landmark Cinemas, Lynde Shores Conservation Area, and Whitby Yacht Club Sailing School.
- Nearby schools such as EA Fairman Public, Julie Payette Public, and Henry Street High
- Central Branch of Whitby Public Library
- A number of parks and green spaces such as Ash Creek Park, Peel Park, and D’Hillier Park
Durham Region forms the outskirts of the GTA, and a welcoming set of communities. Connected to many of the GTA’s largest, highest traffic highways like the 407, and the 401. Residents of Durham also have access to connections to Northbound highways like Highway 12, the 404, and the 400. Trips up north to Barrie, the Kawartha Lakes, and the “cottage country” of the Muskokas is easy.
Public transit through Whitby and throughout Durham Region is extensive and affordable thanks to Durham Region Transit. Routes run throughout the region, connecting residents to the many GO Transit Commuter Rail stations in Ajax, Pickering, Whitby, and Oshawa.
- 5 minutes to Highway 401
- Whitby GO Transit station is just a 5 minute drive away
- Access to Union Station in Toronto
Brookfield Residential is based primarily in Calgary and developed homes across the GTA for over 60 years. In their early years, Brookfield built mostly freehold homes, but as they continued to grow throughout the 20th century, they have moved into townhomes and condos as well. Focused on self-improvement and adaptation, this real estate developer has been very prolific throughout Ontario. Brookfield approaches their developments from the perspective of the buyer, and using customer service as the bar by which their success is based. As Brookfield continues to expand in the 21st century, they have begun to develop across North America, with properties in Edmonton, Toronto, Austin, Denver, Hawaii and San Francisco among many more making up their portfolio.
Durham Region is a hot real estate market, and continues to grow every year outpacing even Toronto itself. Durham is an attractive location for families looking to homes along the shores of Lake Ontario, within commuting distance to Toronto. When it comes to The Four Corners, a historic, central neighbourhood in Whitby, Brookfield sees Station No 3 as an opportunity to bring new energy and excitement to a downtown core. Station No 3 will run along Brock Street’s multitude of shops and services, bringing a number of jobs and activity to Whitby. Its mixed-use nature will create new jobs and businesses along the street-level and revitalize the shopping and “downtown” energy of the Four Corners area of Whitby.
- The housing market in Ajax in particular has grown by a staggering 72% since 2012
- Average condo price sitting well below that of Toronto
- This growth is largely due to the influx of population
- Millions have been invested in building a new urban core to the city and surrounding areas
- Emphasis on higher density and master-planned communities with amenities right at the doorsteps
Investment opportunities are everywhere in the Durham region are particularly attractive to young professionals and new families in the 20-30 bracket. These “Dormitory Communities” begin to grow into destination cities themselves. For people looking for a home at the intersection of urban convenience and small town charm, look no further than Station No 3.
Station No 3 Property Details
- Developer: Brookfield Residential
- Architect: RAW Design
- Building Type: Condo and Towns
- Ownership: Condominium
- Building Status: Pre-construction
- Selling Status: Coming Soon
- Storeys: 6
- Suites: 160
- Suite Size: 515 - 1694 Sq Ft
- Launch: 2022
- UNITS: 150
More Projects in this area
U.C. Tower 3
Simcoe Street North & Winchester Road East, Oshawa, ON
$516,000 - $906,000
Rossmont Green 2
812 Rossland Road East, Whitby, ON
From $560,900 to over $870,900