Verge Condos East Tower
By RioCan1001 The Queensway, Etobicoke, ON, Canada
Platinum Access: From From $574,900 to over $1,114,900
VERGE PHASE 2, EAST TOWER COMING FALL 2021
Verge West Tower, the summer’s most exciting project, sold fast! RioCan Living is now inviting you to prepare for its highly anticipated Phase 2 due to overwhelming demand!
Verge East Tower is a 17-story high-rise condominium above The Queensway and beyond compare. Placing you on the verge of excitement and convenience, connections and opportunities, premium access and best-in-class amenities. Allow yourself to enter a new world of possibilities.
Highlights at Verge Condos
Verge Condos at 1001 The Queensway is located in the Islington-City Centre West neighbourhood in Toronto. Fronting on a large block that houses Cineplex’s flagship Queensway Cinemas (and its massive parking lot), the Milestones, Montana’s Cookhouse, as well as Kelsey’s restaurants do a strong business. Finally, RioCan strives to put the site to better use. Surrounded by mostly low-rise, suburban built form, especially with much of The Queensway currently dominated by rows of strip retail to the east and west.
- Step to TTC Stop
- Short Drive to Gardine express way
- Close to School and Public community centre
- Short Distance to downtown Toronot
- Close to the Park and Shopping
- Close to Islington-City Centre
- Walk Score of 60 out of 100
- Transit Score if 50 out of 100.
- Nearby parks such as Queensland Park, Queensway Park and Winslow Dalesford Park.
The development was submitted late last year, and the planning process is now in its early stages. This is more an indicator of the massing model, which is subject to change as the proposal evolves.
Verge Condos is a mixed use development a total of two residential towers that have been situated on a 4-storey podium. The podium are separated by an 11-m wide driveway access into the site. 15,295 sq ft of outdoor amenity space is located in the central portion of the site.
The project’s tallest building—located closest to the intersection of Queensway and Islington—would rise to a height of 17 storeys, sharing a podium with a 12-storey building immediately to its west.
The Space Designed by Core Architects
The 588-unit development would include 31,000+ of retail area while fronting onto The Queensway—indicating that any of the restaurants or the bank onsite could return after construction—while a green space is planned in between the two four-storey podium structures. The residential lobbies for each building would be located at the south end of the podiums “in order to ensure an activated pedestrian realm along The Queensway” with new retail, the Planning Rationale states.
As currently proposed, the residential unit mix would include 69 studios (11.7%), 280 one-bedroom + den (47.6%), 227 two bedroom + den (38.7%), as well as 12 three-bedroom + den suites (2%). A two-level underground parking garage will feature a total of 591 vehicle spaces, which would be divided into 475 residential as well as 116 visitor/commercial spaces. 442 bicycle spaces are also proposed.
Verge Condos East Tower Property Details
- Developer: RioCan
- Architect: Turner Fleischer
- Interior Designer: DesignAgency
- Building Type: Condominium
- Ownership: Condominium
- Building Status: Pre-construction
- Selling Status: Platinum Access
- Storeys: 17
- Suites: 341
- Suite Type: 1 - 3 Bedroom(s)
- Suite Size: 476 - 972 Sq Ft
- Ceiling Height: Up to 10 '0"
- Launch: 2021
- Estimated Completion: 2025
- 1Valet Integrated Smart Living throughout all suites.
- Hi-Speed Internet
- Double Height Lobby with 24hr Concierge
- State-of-the-art Parcel Room
- Co-working Space
- Pet & Bike Wash Station
- Kid’s Studio
- Fitness Studio
- Two Interactive Private Fitness Studios
- Golf Simulator
- Expansive Terrace
- Co-working Spaces and Cabanas
- Lounge Seating & Fire Pits
- BBQ’s & Outdoor Dining
- Party Room and Kitchen
- Games Room
- Outdoor Terrace with Lounge Seating
- Putting Green
Pricing & FeesPrice: From $574,900 to over $1,114,900
Cost of Parking: Included (Maintenance: $69.95)
Cost of Locker: $7,500.00 (Maintenance: $19.95)
Maintenance Fee: $0.61/SF (1Valet & Bulk Rogers Hi-Speed Internet $53.52 +HST)
Extended Deposit Structure Only 5% per Year + 5% on Occupancy
1 BR, 1+D, 2BR Suites
• $10,000 due on signing
• Balance to 5% due in 30 days (2021)
• 2.5% due in 180 days (2022)
• 2.5% due in 365 days (2022)
• 5% due in 540 days (2023)
• 5% due on occupancy
2+D & 3 BR Suites
• $10,000 due on signing
• Balance to 5% due in 30 days
• 2.5% due in 180 days
• 2.5% due in 365 days
• 2.5% due in 540 days
• 2.5% due in 720 days
• 5% due on occupancy
• 5% due on signing
• 10% due in 120 days
• 10% due in 270 days
• 10% due in 365 days
Deposits payable to HARRIS SHEAFFER LLP IN TRUST